Saturday, December 4, 2010

Wonderful Light, A poem to Jesus

I dont make poems often, But one day God pushed me to make one for him.

Wonderful light

watching the reflection from its strong and revealing gaze
spreading beyond every thing it touches and enlightening its contents
when I look directly into this light, no words can describe such brightness,
my eyes are unable to process such a bright and mysterious light

Wonderful light

When this light disappears, the brightness goes away
like the aura of a campfire being put out
my heart goes to despair
the things that were bright are now unseen
the place where I was walking is no where to be found
how can I see or where do I go?
why does the coldness come so near?
when the light and its brightness flee?

Wonderful light

Oh come once again great light, come oh so quickly to me
for I cannot live without you
like my heart beats for my body
oh how your light is the warmth and life to my soul
My joy is complete, my lying eyes are defeated at last
when I gaze into the glories of your light


Wonderful light

Oh you have come once again
such grace and mercy to come to me
I have not done anything to deserve such light
that the warmth of your rays might cover me
What can I do to express my love for such a light as this?
Can such a distant and strong light be something I could give?
without it I have nothing to give for I could not see a thing

Wonderful light

I will tell of your light
when others have not seen and other have been distraught
Those in the caves I will tell of this light
when they see it, oh what joy will fill my day
for this light has been my life and my way
let me tell once again of this light

Wonderful light

What is your name?
Who can you be?
Are you simply a light in the sky? Or a brightness unknown?
Of course you are not
you are my Light, my great and merciful Master
Jesus Christ this is he, the one that I have described with many phrases
Oh come to this light or even better come to this King
That his light might shine and bring life to everything

1 comment: