
Hello everyone,
We began this semester reading through the book of Galatians. Boy do I recommend diving deep into it. It has been very reviving and deeply convicting to my heart and how I see the gospel. There really is no other precious sentence, paragraph, or idea to think of other than the gospel of the eternal God.
Jesus, the eternal one. Who made us, who is unchangingly perfect. With no begining, he came and took the wrath of God for me? Wow! Thank you precious Jesus! I wish to more and more, and even with a flawed and forgetting heart now, wish to think more lovely at the one who bled and died for my evil that I loved more than anything. This is an idea that will revolutionary change us. Man, I wish I could explain it.
I was reading through some commentary concerning Galatians and this was an idea that sparked in me a joy that I wish to express and hope will cause a similiar spark from the holy spirit within you.
3. Grace be to you and peace. This form of salutation, which occurred in the other epistles, has received an explanation, to which I still adhere. Paul wishes for the Galatians a state of friendship with God, and, along with it, all good things; for the favor of God is the source from which we derive every kind of prosperity. He presents both petitions to Christ, as well as to the Father; because without Christ neither grace, nor any real prosperity, can be obtained."
4. "Who gave himself for our sins. He begins with commending the grace of Christ, in order to recall and fix on Him the attention of the Galatians; for, if they had justly appreciated this benefit of redemption, they would never have fallen into opposite views of religion. He who knows Christ in a proper manner beholds him earnestly, embraces him with the warmest affection, is absorbed in the contemplation of him, and desires no other object. The best remedy for purifying our minds from any kind of errors or superstitions, is to keep in remembrance our relation to Christ, and the benefits which he has conferred upon us.
Jesus. Who He is, his preciousness. A divine preciousness, above any earthly gold or silver, car or house, video game or movie. This value to us should be chiefly approached not only in light of who He is, but what he has bought and accomplished on the cross for us. Just think about what he did on earth alone. Miracles, Teaching, Loving, Sovereignly arrested, sovereignly beaten, mocked, nailed, choked, and climaxily experiencing a divine seperation from the Father for us and because of us. And coming to life by his Father's power three days later for the victory over our sin and Satan's power in sin.
This reality of the cross being what we gaze and seek to know and see properly. Makes all the difference is how we live and put our longings and affections.
Man it excites me, I hope you have a great week. remember Jesus and the cross he took for you and me.
I really like this... it seems that God has been showing me a lot about finding joy and happiness in God. It's crazy to think at one point in time I thought that I shouldn't go to God for happiness because it is about glorifying Him. Yet I have been discovering that going to Him for happiness will in turn exalt and magnify Him because I will be overjoyed and consumed by the One True God. Glad to hear Galatians is going well for ya. I know it has been really amazing as well.
ReplyDelete